A pooch’s place
We welcome your happy, well socialised, quiet pooch to Outlet Camp Wānaka & are pleased you are able to bring your fur baby with you on holiday. However there are a few non-negotiable rules for every pooch & pooch’s hooooman to abide by:
- You must keep your dog on a lead at all times while in camp. They cannot be given the opportunity to bolt or sneak off for a sausage next door at any moment. No matter how well trained your dog is ~ if they sneak off to widdle on another campers tent ~ that is not OK.
- Your pooch is not to be left alone under any circumstances. You need to take them with you everywhere ~ You cannot leave them at camp on their own.
- Dogs are not permitted inside any of the facilities or accomodations you are hiring from us.
- If your dog becomes territorial & barks at people or other dogs as they go by, we will ask you to make alternative arrangements…
- Should your dog begin to bark, we ask you to have them stop straight away ~ & if your dog becomes aggressive towards any of our guests, we will ask you to leave with your dog.
- During the periods of 20th December to the 10th January, & all other public holidays, dogs are not permitted near to the kitchen or BBQ areas.
- You are also expected to be a good hooooman & clean up after your dog ~ We expect you know what that means. & we ask that you don’t leave plastic bags of poop lying around in camp or on the surrounding trails & paths of the Outlet of greater Wānaka. The poops belong in the rubbish bin.
- All of the above are rules, not guidelines & should anyone not adhere to the rules they will be asked to make alternative arrangements for the pooch.
- If owners are responsible & respectful of the fact that not everyone is as into dogs as ‘dog people’, then we should be able to carry on each year allowing people to bring their pooches to the camp for a ruffly holiday.